Global burger brand Shake Shack approached The Fitting Room when they were looking to increase their brand equity and loyalty in the UK. In the US, the brand has 100+ sites and has built a cult following.
The UK has a saturated burger market, and Brits are influenced by a heritage story and a feeling of wholesomeness for a British brand. The challenge was that Shake Shack had opened ‘premium sites’ in central London, which meant they had lost the neighbourhood connection they started with in the US.
We needed to start a new conversation and open it to new audiences. We believed the best pairing for Shake Shack was music, and with someone that influenced the mainstream, but had come from humble beginnings. Welcome Grammy award-winning producer, songwriter, and artist, Naughty Boy. We launched a U.K. version of Shack Sounds, with the campaign spanning across 10 months. It involved Naughty Boy looking for the next British talent between the ages of 16-34 years old.
Alongside this, the campaign allowed Naughty Boy to explore his passion for food by launching ‘The Naughty One’, a burger that he created with Shake Shack’s Global Culinary Director, Mark Rosati, incorporating elements of his childhood and Pakistani heritage. Within the positioning for both stakeholders, we needed a further influence, and secured Monster Products as the audio partner. They created a bespoke range of merchandise for Naughty Boy and Shake Shack finalists and, limited-edition mini speakers for competition winners.
- Talent management
- Brand partnerships
- PR and media relations
- Social strategy and community management
- Event and on-site project management
- End-to-end production for all photo and film shoots, including events
- Content production – photography and film
Here’s What Happened
- The burger was the highest selling at Shake Shack for 4 weeks
- The campaign was announced with Naughty Boy on the Lorraine Show, and featured in multi-press features including MTV
- There were over 700s entries in Shack Sounds, and Naughty Boy went on to co-sign an artist with Virgin EMI