When Puttshack asked us to launch their Lakeside venue, we were challenged with building awareness both online and offline whilst also making the venue destinational in the region.
We wanted to launch an out-of-London venue, with the same feel as it was happening in the city, so it was important to align the venue with popular culture and influential voices from Instagram.
When it came time to launch Bank, we had built brand equity for Puttshack both online and offline, so much so, we were overwhelmed with people’s desire to attend the opening. We decided to dig deep into the target audience and build out their online persona, for what they would want to share digitally.
To bring the London edge to Lakeside, we recruited BBC Radio 1 DJ, host and presenter Maya Jama to be the headline DJ. We also gifted her Puttshack first ever #GoldenClub, which meant unlimited, complimentary games across all Puttshack venues globally.
When it came to launching Bank, we were challenged with the city being one of the most competitive spaces to launch a venue, With this in mind, we really wanted to create an experience for our guests, that would literally blow their minds.
Our digital and content strategy was driven by nostalgia. Publicly we announced the event would be headlined by legendary hip-hop DJ Tim Westwood and Nadia Jae from BBC 1Xtra. On the night, we surprised guests with a secret line-up of S Club, Big Brovaz and So Solid Crew.
- Creative direction and concept development
- Red carpet management
- Artists and talent management
- Social media strategy and community management
- Influencer strategy, including TikTokers
- Event and on-site project management
- Event curation and production
Here’s What Happened
- When it came to the end of the year, social coverage was reposted thousands of times as audiences relived their best moments from the year from attending the launch events
- Maya Jama, who has a following of 1.5m on Instagram placed performing at Lakeside in her top 10 highlights of the year
- Journalists from top titles cited the Puttshack launch events as “the best events they’d ever attended”, with one commenting “You just threw a surprise noughties headline concert in the middle of a mini-golf launch”
"I have worked with TFR for the last four years over three different brands and there has never been any doubt of bringing them onto my next company with me. TFR are more than just an agency, they are an extended part of the marketing family and give and believe in their brands as much as the inhouse ‘client’ team do. During our time working together at Be At One cocktail bars, it was no coincidence that once TFR came on board, we were delivering incremental revenue for out of the norm campaigns including launching a Be At One Absolut bottle, a record breaking Christmas comms plan and giving us a record breaking October with the ‘Turnip Turnup’ (I don’t think I have enough words so best to Google!). They were a huge part in the brand jumping from 7% LFL to 13% in LFL over 12 months.
During our time at Puttshack, they have created the impossible and through lots of hard graft and dedication, made an unknown mini golf brand become cool with influencers, press and guests, with the two new venue launch campaigns reaching over 100 million people. They are a pleasure to work with and will always be upfront, honest, challenge (as much as I hate to be wrong, I sadly sometimes am!) and most of all committed to the cause." Sophie Evans, Marketing Director, Puttshack