Online Privacy Statement
The Fitting Room respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website.
This policy describes how we treat personal information we collect from you or that you provide to us.
Information we collect when you use this website
Contact and account information. For example, we might collect your name and email address.
Submitted information. If you post content or complete a survey, we will collect the information you provide to us.
If you use our websites, we may collect technical information including your:Site usage information.
- IP address.
- Operating system.
- Browser type and version.
- Time zone setting.
- Page response times and download errors.
- Information about the length of visits to pages.
- The topic you are interested in contacting us about in a freeform message field.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
We use information as disclosed and described here
- We use information to improve our products and services.
- We might use information to customise your experience with us.
- We may use your information to make our website and products better.
- We use information to administer our site and for internal operations.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use all categories of information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, where legally permitted we use contact and transaction information to send you information about special promotions or offers. We might also tell you about new features, products, or services. These might be our own offers or products, or third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. To learn about your choices for these communications, read the choices section below.
- We use information to send you transactional communications. For example, we might send you emails about your account or purchase. We might also contact you about our policies or our website terms.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
Our legal basis for processing under European law. European legislation requires us to identify a lawful basis for everything we do with your information (as described above). When European law applies, our basis for processing your information is typically to perform a contract with you or our customer. We also process information based on consent.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and it is not disproportionate to your interests and fundamental rights.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally The Fitting Room do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. However where we do, you have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Information you provide us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website to:
- make an enquiry;
- receive information; or
- otherwise contact us.
The data you may provide can include your name, job title, company name, company address, and company email address, phone number and any other information you deem necessary to assist us with your request. There are also boxes on our forms where you can indicate your consent for how we may use your personal data in future for specific purposes.
Utilisation and site performing tracking
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Twitter and YouTube, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with the best experience in browsing this website, and to contact you in relation to your request or marketing communications by email or other means, we need to collect personal data. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate and limited for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
We will use the personal data we obtain through our website as follows:
- To respond to a request for information or to make contact with you when you have asked us to do so
- To send you any marketing-related information you have requested, including information about the products and services we offer, news about our company or news about the marketing industry
- To send you a quote if you have asked for one
- To monitor the performance of our website
- To understand how our website is used by visitors
- To ensure we can deliver the best possible user-experience of our website
How long will we retain your data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by our Data Protection Team contacting us.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your rights regarding personal data that we hold about you
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. Please check our site periodically for updates.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Our full details are:
The 247 Fitting Room
Unit G01, The Shepherds Building, Charecroft Way, Shepherds Bush, London, W14 0EE